Beef stew and mashed parmesan cheese
For eight people
– 1,2 kg of beef with bourguignon
– 150 g of sugar
– 2 onions
– 6 shallots
– 1 tablespoon of flour
– 40 cl of white wine or port wine (optional) (In this case, replace it with 50 cl whole cream)
– 15 cl of water
– 3 tablespoons of oil
– 1 bunch of parsley
– Salt and pepper
For mashed potatoes with parmesan:
– 10 large potatoes
– 250 ml whole cream
– 1 pinch of nutmeg
– 200 g parmesan
– A mixture of herbs (thyme, parsley, rosemary etc.)
– Salt pepper
Preparing beef stew
1. Peel and slice the onions. Heat the oil in a pan then add the chopped onions, the sugar and brown them with the pieces of meat. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of flour. Mix everything.
2. Pour the white wine, water and parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 1 hour. Peel the shallots and add them to the meat. Continue cooking for another hour.
Preparation of mashed potatoes
3. Wash the potatoes, peel them and cut into slices. In a saucepan of boiling water, boil the potatoes over medium heat for 15 minutes (To see if the potatoes are cooked, pierce them with a fork.) If you can remove it without difficulty, it proves that your potatoes are cooked).
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, discard the cooking water. Leave the potatoes in the pan and pour the cream, herbs, and parmesan cheese. Mix everything. Add salt and pepper. Rectify the seasoning if necessary.
5. In a dinner plate, arrange the stew and Parmesan puree. Sprinkle the parsley stew. Serve this dish very hot!
Enjoy your meal !
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Post your comment