Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Refrigeration time: 20 minutes
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Easy to make with this recipe step by step, mocha is a must-go dessert of French cuisine. Homemade, the coffee cake is better with its butter cream and tasty biscuit. Discover our recipe …
For the biscuit:
150 g powdered sugar + 20 g for the mold
50 g sifted flour
50 g potato starch
20 g salt butter
For the butter cream:
250 g soft butter
200 g caster sugar
4 tbsp. coffee extract
75 g slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to th 5 (150 °). Prepare the biscuit: break the eggs by separating the whites from the yolks. Beat the whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
2. In a bowl, work the egg yolks for a long time with the sugar to obtain a frothy preparation. Then add the flour, cornstarch, mix, pour 2 tablespoons of whites into snow to soften the mixture, stir vigorously.
3. Pour remaining whites into snow, mix gently with a spatula, from bottom to top.
4. Butter the bottom and sides of a baking tin (23 to 26 cm in diameter) and sprinkle with sugar. Pour the dough into the mold and bake for 1 hour. Unmold on a rack at the exit of the oven and allow to cool.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the butter cream: break the eggs in a small saucepan. Add 150 g sugar. On low heat, stir with a spatula until all the sugar is melted.
6. From the heat, continue stirring until the mixture has cooled down. Then add the soft butter, little by little, whisking with a hand whisk.
7. Finally, add half of the coffee extract, and mix again to obtain a smooth cream. Put it back in the fridge.
8. Brown the almonds dry in a pan and allow them to cool.
9. In a saucepan, boil the remaining sugar with 10 cl of water to obtain a syrup. Off the heat, add the remaining coffee extract.
10. Cut the cooled cake into two discs. Brush the two sides cut with coffee syrup with a brush.
11. On the first disc, spread half of the coffee cream with a spatula, cover with the other disc, and cover the top and edges of the remaining cream with coffee. Glue almonds all around.
12. Keep the mocha cool, but take it out of the refrigerator 20 min before serving it.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Post your comment